It's been a week or more since I made a post....as Mom continues to get better and better and better, there is less to report other than her "milestones"!
Many milestones have been reached:
1) The Laundry Fairy has returned in full force (yes, this includes ironing and she does do a much better job than any dry cleaner)
2) Cooking: Yes, Mom is back to cooking. Every once in awhile she might need a pot or a pan from a lower shelf so she plans ahead to make sure she has what she needs before I head off to work or anywhere else.
3) Sewing: Both alterations and embroidery
4) Going out at night...just this past Friday night she went to a party with all her tennis friends, I was already in bed when she got home.
5) House Cleaning: Is running her cordless vacuum and dusting, also doing dishes that don't go in the dishwasher...the dishwasher...I empty the bottom shelf and she takes care of the top shelf
6) Mom is able to take Tiki outside but still can't bend over to pick up the presents that Tiki leaves in the yard
7) She is going to the grocery store without me now...first time since late April, early May
Her incision is healed for the most part (all of the scab is gone) and looks really good.
Well...this is the best I can do for an update at this point....she is counting down the days until she can start coming out of her brace and we are at 17 days and counting until that event starts to take place.
Hope everyone is doing well out there...things here at 260 get more normal with each day that passes!!!