Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The 3rd day at home

Mom is still sleeping a lot and that's okay, her body has really been put through the ringer!! She did eat and drink better today, checked her emails and in-serviced Aunt Judith on the cordless vacuum. Mom's color is getting better so we can tell that her hemoglobin is doing what it is suppose to do, GO UP!! I am sure as the days pass, she will sleep less, get stronger and hopefully at the end of the first 2 weeks, be back to doing a little bit of her sewing and embroidery!

Aunt Judith is here until Saturday but I have also posed the question to her about staying longer....stay tuned for that decision. I know I can't keep her here forever but having her here to help get Mom over the first big bumps of such a serious surgery is a true, true blessing! I seriously don't know what I would have done if she had not been here...but I am sure that I would have figured it out somehow.

Oh yeah...no pain medicine today!!! YAY!!! That is definately a GOOD sign!!!

1 comment:

  1. You would have taken care of MOM & we would have taken care of VC! No Problem! Glad Mom's feeling a bit better & good news about the pain meds!!

    ReplyDelete