Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Two Weeks Post-op tomorrow!!!

Wow! Time sure does fly!! I hope it feels that way for Mom as we still have a long road ahead of us but I am happy to report that at two weeks post op things are really going good. This day marks the second day that we have been without any "extra" folks at the house. Aunt Judith went home on Saturday and Sharla went home Sunday evening. Mom is doing better than great...she is staying by herself during the day while I am at work and Tiki is at daycare....she has been sending me "status reports" at least once a day in my email at work and I typically check on her by phone once or twice. With that being said, I am working regular hours. And yes, Aunt Judith...Mom is carrying her cell phone with her at all times, tucked safely in the brace that does not yet have a name.

Mom is spending her days reading, sitting on the deck, playing with a new embroidery program that she purchased before the surgery and yes, napping. In the evenings we take a little walk (tonight she walked all the way to the mailboxes) and I do chores like laundry, dishes, vacuuming, watering the plants, filling the bird feeders and taking care of the indoor animals (although tonight she fed both of them and lowered their bowls to the floor with her special "grabber").

We are still waiting for people to send us ideas for naming her now flaired out brace..come on people...please play the game...the brace needs a name!!

Thank you to the folks that are calling and visiting during the day....Mom is truly a lady of leisure and all the phone calls and visits you folks are making are appreciated more than you could know.

Oh yeah...Mom is only taking pain medicine at bedtime now and she is starting to sleep a little better!!! She turns in early and reads....I am so proud of her and how she is handling all of this. I only have to remind her about the "no-no's" every once in awhile.

2 comments:

  1. Ok here's a name "Caribbracean! " Like Caribbean! I know kinda lame....

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about Mama jane's "play Station"

    bobbi

    ReplyDelete