Friday, June 5, 2009

The Evening of 6-5-09

We all went to the hospital to see Mom and let her know that we had not forgotten about her birthday. It was a very quiet, short celebration....Mom opened her presents (I think she now owns stock in Barnes & Noble gift cards). Thank you to Kathy & JC; Donna & Buddy; and Shelly & Ronny for taking time on your Friday evening to spend a few minutes with Mom. She was really tired but I know it meant a lot to her.

Mom ate a good dinner (shrimp) and was just sipping on the very light cocktail that I made her...she seemed really sleepy but said that she had a really good nap this afternoon...YAY!!

She says that she will see how she feels in the morning and decide then whether she wants to come home tomorrow or not....I am just really glad that I don't have to be up at 5:30 in the morning..am hoping to enjoy my coffee on the deck.

Needless to say, I am very tired and am at home. I ate a decent meal for dinner and am having a glass of wine...doubt that I will see the light of day for much longer, I need a solid 8-10 hours of sleep to re-charge my batteries and get ready for Mom to come home whether it be tomorrow or Sunday.

No pictures to share from our visit with Mom, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment